[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns hacked again!

Bryan Loniewski brylon at jla.rutgers.edu
Tue Dec 3 08:29:04 CET 2002

Dear list,

We here at Rutgers University use Nagios and love it! My boss hacked
the check_dns code to use a dns resolver directly, instead of the nslookup
program.  For some reason nslookup crashes on some of its lookups, this
happened on stock sun as well as rutgers built versions of the program.
Probably because of the reason located on the mailing list archive:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1356001&forum_id=8499

I think his code has an advantage of not calling the external nslookup
program. I am not sure though where to submit the source! Any suggestions
would be very much appreciated! Thanks for any feedback.

Sincerely,

Bryan Loniewski
Rutgers University Computing Services (RUCS)