[Nagiosplug-devel] netutils.c is_hostname() function

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Tue Dec 10 11:16:03 CET 2002

	As I'm working on porting to be AF-independant code I'm looking
through netutils.c... I've already created a is_ipv4_addr() and
is_ipv6_addr() which replace the is_dotted_quad() which checked for an
IPv4 address and then turned my attention to is_hostname()... In looking
through the various calls to is_hostname throughout the plugin code I
can't see any instance where is_hostname() should not be checking for a
valid resolvable hostname... Can anyone think of a situation where they
would need to call is_hostname with a hostname that would be
syntactically correct but doesn't resolve? In that case I'll be working
it to be inline with my is_*_addr() functions and let it's validity be
handled by the resolver...

	Jeremy