[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-651617 ] AF-Independant / IPv6 patch

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 11 13:36:05 CET 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=651617&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch is taken against the CVS today and contains
updates to the following files:

configure.in
plugins/check_dig.c
plugins/check_dns.c
plugins/check_ldap.c
plugins/check_ping.c
plugins/netutils.c
plugins/netutils.h.in
plugins/utils.c
plugins/utils.h.in

These updates include checking for the proper ping
command for IPv6 hosts (still needs some work to be
portable but works on Linux), removal of AF-dependant
function calls such as gethostbyname, inet_pton,
inet_aton (actually my_inet_aton) in favor of using
AF-independant getaddrinfo and getnameinfo routines
which are portable against all operating systems
including Solaris 9.

is_dotted_quad() in utils was removed and replaced with
is_ipv4_addr() and is_ipv6_addr(). is_hostname() was
completely re-written as was my_connect() in netutils.c
along with removal of my_inet_aton().

Any questions regarding this patch can be re-directed
to me at Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net