[Nagiosplug-devel] plugin naming guidelines

Massey, Craig craig.massey at oxygenforbusiness.com
Thu Jul 11 12:32:11 CEST 2002

Yes!

Related for me is check_nt. The nsclient plug-in is a godsend, but as
its functionality expands, the command line options to access all the
various metrics get too complex to grasp easily. Creating several Nagios
checks to access different aspects of the nsclient service on NT would
let you better target the functionality you want to achieve. With a
little rework of the nsclient service too, you could check_nt_disk for
freespace MB, freespace %, low freespace % or MB on any disk and return
the disk with a problem as performance data, used space % or Mb, disk
size and others I haven't thought of yet. Similar with processes or
services. Not everyone wants all of those things and many of them can
be achieved with a little creative use of the existing technology, but
for people new to Nagios and if they're using check_nt, quite possibly
new to Linux, a more focussed system of checks would be incredibly useful.