[Nagiosplug-devel] devloper guidelines..

Volker.Aust at premiere.de Volker.Aust at premiere.de
Mon Jul 15 00:55:02 CEST 2002

I'm using named subroutines too. Is this restriction only important when
using ePN? Currently I'm not using ePN. Is there any possibility to test a
perl plugin for conformity with ePN beside to have a second installation?

To the naming: I'm a friend of verbose names. My scheme is to include not
only the 'transport' for the check (_snmp_, _smb_, ...) but also the source
of the information. I have several plugins which get their information over
SNMP from diffent MIB's. Eg.

check_snmp_cim_cpu	cpu utilization from Compaq Insight Manager
check_snmp_cim_fs		filesys utilization from CIM
check_snmp_cim_therm	thermal status from CIM
check_snmp_lm_service	service check from Lan Manager MIB for NT/W2K
check_snmp_rdbms_???	(not started coding because waiting for an answer
from IBM relating DB2 and SNMP)

What do you think?

-vol