[Nagiosplug-devel] Recent patch to check_smtp.c

Benjamin Madsen ben.madsen at attbi.com
Thu Jun 13 12:04:07 CEST 2002

Running the recent patch against a Microsoft 2000 Server w/ Exchange SMTP
agent caused problems with the SMTP_DUMMYCMD check.  Apparently, Exchange's
SMTP agent looks for a '\r\n' as opposed to just a '\n'.  Since I am
unfamiliar with how to patch things, could somebody do that?

Also, I'm wondering what implications changing the SMTP_DUMMCMD to
"MAIL\r\n" would be... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben Madsen
IT Manager