[Nagiosplug-devel] Recent patch to check_smtp.c

Bertelson, Tom (CAP, CARD) Tom.Bertelson at gecapital.com
Thu Jun 13 13:10:04 CEST 2002

The SMTP protocol says (RFC 821):

      4.1.1.  COMMAND SEMANTICS

         The SMTP commands define the mail transfer or the mail system
         function requested by the user.  SMTP commands are character
         strings terminated by <CRLF>.  The command codes themselves are
         alphabetic characters terminated by <SP> if parameters follow
         and <CRLF> otherwise.  The syntax of mailboxes must conform to
         receiver site conventions.  The SMTP commands are discussed
         below.  The SMTP replies are discussed in the Section 4.2.

I've never encountered a system that cannot handle \r\n.
--
Tom Bertelson                "Any sufficient advanced technlogy
GE Card Services              is indistinguishable from magic."