[Nagiosplug-devel] check_snmp usage

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jun 13 21:31:03 CEST 2002

Looking for feedback..

Larry Low recently submitted a patch a on being able to specify what MIBs
should be loaded by check_snmp rather than the current ALL setting.

I tend to agree that the ALL setting is wasteful in terms of memory
specially if you have a lot of mibs lying around like I do (all of cisco,
extreme, compaq, + some others)

However, I may look for a default that includes the mibs that are part of
the net-snmp install - rather than an empty default.

Comments on how you use check_snmp - with numeric oids or symbolic oids
Interested specially in those that use symbolic oids from enterprise
mibs..

There are couple other patches pending:
 for alternate port and for SNMPv3

-sg