[Nagiosplug-devel] check_snmp usage

Bertelson, Tom (CAP, CARD) Tom.Bertelson at gecapital.com
Fri Jun 14 06:14:06 CEST 2002

I recently ran into a problem where my list of symbolic OID's was greater
than Nagios' 1024-character buffer size.  I'm now using numeric OID's for
the "-o" option (to keep the command line short) but have the MIBs installed
so the output looks nicer.

I think being able to specify the MIBs to load is a good idea.  The default
should still be "-m ALL", for backward compatability.  How about "-m All" if
the user specifies no MIBs, and the core net-snmp MIBs plus the
user-specified ones otherwise?

While we're at it, how about an option to specify the directories to search?
--
Tom Bertelson                "Any sufficiently advanced technology
GE Card Services              is indistinguishable from magic."