[Nagiosplug-devel] Yet another PING output format

Brodie, R (Richard) R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Wed May 8 03:24:02 CEST 2002

>Can you check the CVS version for check_ping.  A patch was submitted a
>couple of weeks ago for "rtt" based on the RedHat 7.2.93 beta..

Yes. I'm actually using netsaint with the netsaint plugins at present
but checked out the latest nagios check_ping plugin to test. The rtt
part is fine but the % loss has a gratuitously different format:

Suse 8.0:
"%*d packets transmitted, %*d received, %d%% loss, time"

RH:
"%*d packets transmitted, %*d packets received, %d%% loss, time"