[Nagiosplug-devel] IPv6 support

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Mon Nov 18 11:47:05 CET 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:47:08PM -0500, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> Not yet - although I expect to bump up against it relatively soon.

	I both work in a dual-stacked environment and maintain one at
home as well... Very handy for accessing all my machines behind the
firewall with limited v4 address space...

> IPv6 patches will probably get held up until we do the next release.

	Understandable that is why I've been doing my work so it worked
no matter which [IPv4 or IPv6] were used... However the one catch I'm
possibly foreseeing is the configuration files being colon delimited for
Nagios itself...

> What would be nice is to start with a patch for utils.c to be able to
> match a IPv6 address similar to the current check for a IPv4 address.

	I'm actually working with some of the internal library
functions to re-write the verify code so there is a seperate routine to
check for v4 and v6 as well as the hostname... I'm doing this in
plugins/utils.c but I"m also finding that my_connect() in
plugins/netutils.c will need to be modified to handle v4 and v6 socket
connections but after that the read and writes to the sock descriptor
should not care one way or the other...

	Configure routines might need to be changed to actually check
for the existence of the v6 support but have to look into which means of
checking would be reliable for cross-platform...

	Jeremy