[Nagiosplug-devel] NOCPulse

Benjamin Madsen benmadsenx at attbi.com
Thu Oct 24 11:37:12 CEST 2002

2 years ago, we were in contact with NOCPulse to evaluate their
services.  They are, indeed, one of those "ASP loophole" companies that
just sell the services of open-source program.  I think they had done some
customization, definitely of the web frontend, but it significantly
reminded me of Netsaint at the time.  When asked, they said the platform
was, indeed, based around the Netsaint daemon and plugins.

A few months after the evaluation (my company never ended up purchasing as
they closed their doors about a month later), NocPulse ended up scaling
back to a more conservative growth scale after their originally intense
startup phase.  I got the sense that they over-estimated the market they
were in, and that their service didn't add much to the already diverse
range of products and services in existence.

My $0.02

-Ben
Owner / Sr. Technical Engineer
Codifiant Technologies