[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-631040 ] check_http fails using ssl

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 30 09:05:06 CET 2002

Bugs item #631040, was opened at 2002-10-30 14:57
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=631040&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: CVS

Initial Comment:
If I use check_http on a https server, it fails:

# ./check_http2 -H dev01.procira.com -I x.x.x.x -p 433 -
auth aa:bb -S
8093:error:14077410:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:455:
Unable to open TCP socket
#

If I try the same url with lynx (compiled with same ssl
libs), it works.

This problem seems to exist in both the cvs and the
released version. It also does not matter if I use a
normal user or root (for both lynx and the plugin).

As far as I can see with strace, it really is a handshake
problem, there is something read from the stream,
something written and something read again, then it
conlcudes with a handshake error.