[Nagiosplug-devel] Build issues on Solaris 8 from CVS as 1 PM US/Pacific time today

Michael Haro michael.haro at ceres.ca.gov
Wed Oct 30 13:37:04 CET 2002

I should start by saying I'm new to the auto* tools, but I think I did
things correctly...

version info...
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.1
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.7.1
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.54
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.54
gcc version 3.2
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

what I did:

mkdir nagioscvs
cd nagioscvs

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.nagiosplug.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nagiosplug
login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.nagiosplug.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nagiosp
lug co nagiosplug

cd nagiosplug

# remove acconfig.h because autoheader complains about it existing
rm acconfig.h

aclocal
autoheader
automake
autoconf

# patch configure because ac_config_libobj_dir is being set wrong
perl -i.orig -pe 's,ac_config_libobj_dir=\.,ac_config_libobj_dir=plugins,'
configure

./configure --with-mysql

I'm not sure how to fix it, but configure says...
checking for gettimeofday... no

which is incorrect and thus kills the build because utils.h redefines the
timeval struct.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an error somewhere in the build
process?

Thanks,

Michael