[Nagiosplug-devel] 1.3.0

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Sep 27 23:04:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 01:26, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 11:23, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> >
> > Karl
> >
> > regarding sprintf and snprintf
> >
> > Earlier there was post (Aug 25 - nagios-devel) about using snprintf from
> > the samba distribution because it handled floats whereas the current one
> > does not.
> >
> > Don't know if that affects the plugins as well.
>
> Always looking for a better snprintf...
>
> We should look into it, it does look like the implementaion in the
> plugins has the have problem.
>
> I might be able to do that sometime over the weekend.

I haven't fully integrated it yet, but I did download it.

Seems very worthwhile, as it also includes asprintf, which basically
does what my ssprintf does. Except sambe gets far more auditing than I
do.

I strongly feel that a writing a simple C plugin should not need you to
be a memory allocation guru. That was what I tried to do with ssprintf.
asprintf does it better. So I'm going to try hooking the new sfprintf.c
into the configure/build. Then the sprintf calls that should be replaced
can call asprintf with exactly the same syntax.

Eventually, we can stop using my ssprintf entirely, and delete it!

--
Karl