[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugins, autoconf & pre-built binaries

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Apr 1 14:26:34 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 09:26, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	What about doing it like check_tcp and family? Let the plugin determine
> what check it is doing by the name of the executable... Just create symlinks so
> a symlink check_procs_vsz would be the VSZ check...

I think it is more powerful to have one check_procs that can run any
number of filters.

So you can have checks like 'warn if more than one of Joe Dbadmin procs
has a vsz exceeding a limit'

Or whatever combination suits the needs of the install.

Actually, in implementing all the checks al a series of filters, it woul
be nice to be able to specify both AND and OR.

The check_vsz is just a special case in this framework.

--
Karl