[Nagiosplug-devel] Compiling plugins

Earl C. Ruby III earl at switchmanagement.com
Wed Apr 23 12:13:20 CEST 2003

According to the docs for nagios-plugins-1.3.0: "Currently we are only
supporting autoconf 2.13 and automake 1.4p5. Support for the latest autoconf
and automake are in the works."

Are there any preliminary configuration files available for this? I'm getting
error messages from autoheader and I'd like to clear them up. I'm using
autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.6.3.

# aclocal -I lib
# autoconf
# autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `plugins/config.h.in' is unchanged

Earl C. Ruby III <earl at switchmanagement.com>
Senior System Engineer / Developer
Switch Management