[Nagiosplug-devel] Patch for allowing snmp v2c in check_snmp

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Thu Aug 7 10:40:09 CEST 2003

Hello,

Attached is a small patch to check-snmp.c which allows it to accept "2c"
as a valid SNMP protocol type (as do the net-snmp tools).  We have a
need to monitor high-speed gigabit trunk traffic at our facility, and
the only way to do this is with the ifHCxxx variables specified in the
IF_MIB MIB, and which are only accessible using SNMP v2c.

I would appreciate if you would consider this patch for inclusion in the
next version of the plugins.  BTW, this patch was against the 1.3.1
version.  MY apologies if there's a better place to submit this.
 Pointers welcome!

Thanks,

Alan Hagge
Lead Systems Administrator