[Nagiosplug-devel] perforrmance data for check_http/check_smtp/check_tcp

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Aug 7 19:06:02 CEST 2003

In the 1.3.0 release, as a straw man for people to comment on, I put in
code for perforance data for a few plugins.

Where the data was time, I put the value in as seconds like 'time=0.045'

As we worked out ideas for more complete implementation of perf data in
1.4.0, in became clear that RRDtool/MRTG type solutions were a notable
part of what people want to do with perf data.

>From my scan of docs for these tools, there would be less work in the
perf data collecter to report integer us rather than float seconds.

So I'm proposing to change that in the currently implemented plugins so
the data will be 'time=45123us'

Does that sound like the right approach to people, or should I preserve
the old format even if it mean a little extara porcessing work.

--
Karl