[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: code cleanup

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Sat Aug 9 06:24:02 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 02:10, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 01:03:22AM -0400, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 00:28, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> > > Karl,
> > >
> > > 	I'll take a look into it... BTW did we make any new pre-req's on the
> > > minimum version for the autotools? I notice automake-1.4 has problems
> > > and I know we made the AC_PREREQ(2.50) for autoconf do we need to do
> > > something similar for automake?
> >
> > We know that 1.6 works -- earlier gets dicey. Is there a way to expess
> > that prereq in configure.in or related files?
> >
> 	I'm not sure I'd have to check on that... I did install automake1.7
> and it worked fine here on Debian sid/unstable...
>
> 	BTW, what where you giving to test and get the errors so I can
> duplicate what you're getting so I can work on this... I have an idea of
> what will fix it but want to be sure...

export CFLAGS="-g -O3 -pedantic -Wall -W -Wformat=2 -Wfloat-equal
-Wtraditional -Wundef -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
-Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wconversion -Wsign-compare
-Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs
-Wunreachable-code -Winline"

Then rerun configure, and then make.

I'm going to check a file to do this (the export CFLAGS) into
naggiosplug/tools - so just run ./tools/devmaode when you have your
devloper hat on and you want to be really pedantic about compiler
warnings.

(even before this audit, our code was not too bad for warnings - having
thses is sort of a OITA if all you want to do is build a package and run
it - I can't work with this sort of aggressive checking day-to-day).

You did successfully fix it.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>