[Nagiosplug-devel] porposal to clarify terms of submission

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Aug 22 05:12:27 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 06:33, Voon, Ton wrote:
> I don't fully understand all the copyright issues, but I agree that the
> Nagios Plugin Development Group should bear the responsibility, and thus the
> copyright, of all code distributed.
>
> As a former contributor, my only request was for a little credit. I don't
> think this should be in the form of comments within the code, but a clear
> document that says this person has made a contribution to the project, like
> what Ethan has done at http://www.nagios.org/contributors.php. This is why I
> always put down the contributor for bug reports or patches in CVS
> statements.

Quite fair.

I had in practice sort of pushed a certain anonnomity becuse in the
plugins the original practice hade been to attribute each contribution.
The comments in some cases began to overwhelm the code, so that had to
stop. But in retrospect thaht should have causes me to put more emphasis
on an external list like the one Ethan has. And into CVS commits. I will
try to be more diligent about the latter. Perhaps we should also make a
contrbutors page.