[Nagiosplug-devel] remaining items for 1.4.0 alpha

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Aug 27 20:11:01 CEST 2003

1) Performance Data

I think we have had the needed discussions, and the new perfdata()
function does seem a workable means of implementing performance data
output in a standard way. In particular, without a function like this,
the die() function would be a lot less useful than it is.

So we are at a point where if anyone wants to grab a plugin and and
perfdata, they should. I am working on check_disk at the moment.

2) Internationalization

The text is marked up for translation. None of the volunteers for doing
the translation have gotten back to me yet. If I'm not mistaken, a lot
of Europe is on vacation at the moment, so it would not be surprising if
I got responses soon.

If not, we can use Google translations for a first pass.

3) Documentation

We are still far from any complete embedded documentaion solution. Would
people like to run the plugin outputthrough help2man to create standard
man pages? Most of the required work would be in the Makefile(s).

In any case, we should make an index of the core plugins and their
functions. Volunteers?

4) Test Suite

The existing test suite suffers extensive bit rot. I plan to address
that before we move from alpha to beta.

Anything else to complete before alpha?

--
Karl