[Nagiosplug-devel] Feature request

David Anderson david at readingroom.com
Sun Dec 14 20:09:06 CET 2003

Hello,

Thanks for all your hard work.

There's a useful feature that I'd like to request. (I can't do C, so can't do
it myself!)

I've downloaded the 1.4.0alpha1 code to check that the feature doesn't exist
yet.

It would be useful for the check_procs plugin to check maximum process age.

e.g. I'd like to check if there are any 'exim' processes over a certain age.
(This is the sign for me of something going wrong - normally a problem
contacting the virus scanner).

For the moment I'll have to hack up a Perl script, but presumably this would
be useful to more folk than me so it might be good to have it in the main
distribution.

David