[Nagiosplug-devel] new oracle plugins

Dietmar Ruzicka druzicka at cube1.cubit.at
Sat Feb 1 14:38:33 CET 2003

Hi all,

I did an nagios project. Therefore it was necessary to implement some new
oracle plugins. I wrote them by using perl DBI.

check_oracle_sql:
connects to an instance executes "select user from dual" to check if an
instance is up and running.

check_oracle_tablespace_status:
checks if a tablesspace is online by using DBA_TABLESPACES

check_oracle_tablespace:
checks the usage off a tablespace by using SM$TS_AVAIL SM$TS_FREE
SM$TS_USED

check_oracle_cache_hit_ratio:
calculates the cache hit ratio by using V_$SYSSTAT
(see Oracle8i Designing and Tuning for Performance, 19 Tuning Memory
Allocation)

The plugins should meet the Nagios plug-in development guidelines. You can
add them if you want to.

best regards

Dietmar