[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-682203 ] check_http faillure to some embedded HTTP servers

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 7 20:14:02 CET 2003

Bugs item #682203, was opened at 2003-02-07 01:04
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=682203&group_id=29880

Category: Interface (example)
Group: None

Initial Comment:

The chech_http plug-in sends an HTTP GET/POST
request spread over several TCP datagrams. The socket
output buffer is send after the GET / HTTP/1.0 in the
header after is send again after the Agent-type and is
send again after the Host: part etc.. (multiple socket
send () function calls)
This results under Linux in several TCP datagrams
(packets) per HTTP GET request.

Although this is HTTP protocol compliant and works fine
with most HTTP servers it fails with some simple
embedded HTTP servers found in wireless accesspoints
etc.

Most browsers and programs like wget send the
complete HTTP GET command in one TCP datagram
and the simple embedded HTTP servers will handle that
fine. (and it's less traffic on the network, better resource
usage, better response times etc....)

Since I am not a programmer I can not fix this program
the correct way. I just hacked my check_http to get it
working with loosing some functionality. (which is not
what I want to summit to the nagios community)

Who can help me fix the check_http plug-in?

Kind regards,

PBO.