[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http: Socket timeout after 10 seconds (but webserver is up! )

Paul Boot - Bateau Knowledge pb at bateauknowledge.nl
Sat Feb 8 10:13:01 CET 2003

Non Nagios related but people can benefit from this:

I did some test with Linux VLAN tagging with a modified 3com905 ethernet
driver and a Cisco 2924XL switch. You have to modify your ethernet driver
because the VLAN tagging adds 4 extra bytes to each ethernet PDU.(thus
allowing oversize ethernet packets)

Recompile the driver as a kernel module or include it in your kernel.

You can test if it works with a simple ping.

I will send Christoph a word document with all Linux VLAN related
documentation I could find.

Kind regards,

Paul Boot.