[Nagiosplug-devel] plugin for Keyboard Simulator?

Alexander Weber a.weber at ico.de
Fri Feb 21 06:27:05 CET 2003

Telejet GmbH - an affiliate - produces and sells a device called
"Telejet Keyboard Simulator" (TKS). This is a small gadget that
is plugged into the keyboard connector of a server. With a piece
of software, the user can remote control or - to be a bit more
specific - restart it by a clean shutdown without the risk of
ruining file systems or databases. The software controlling the
TKS is intended to be used interactively via a web interface.
Information about the TKS can be found at
http://www.webresetter.com

Some time ago, a customer asked for a way to make it work with a
watchdog software. As I do not have the time to maintain that
software, I would like to know if there is someone out there who
is willing and able to write and maintain a plug-in to Nagios.
As far as I am concerned, I can and will provide any necessary
information and chunks of perl code. The programming task should
be easy, probably just a day's work.

We do not plan to commercially exploit the software; it's license
does not matter. Also, I do not demand from anyone to write this
software if he doesn't want to use it. If you don't need such a
plug-in (currently I am not aware about the number of TKS sold
outside Germany) please ignore this message.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,
Alexander P. Weber - ICO Innovative Computer GmbH