[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp problem with locan NTP server

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Sat Feb 22 06:54:04 CET 2003

Hello

I use check_ntp to monitor the NTP deamon running on the same server as
Nagios to make sure the NTP daemon is alive. The problem is that since
the NTP daemon is running on localhost the time is some times exactly
the same and check_ntp thinks there is a problem and sets a critical
error :

[02-22-2003 14:09:47] SERVICE ALERT: trillian.nitro.dk;NTP;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;CRITICAL: server 192.168.1.6, stratum 2, offset -0.000000, delay 0.02573

I don't really know what the correct fix is since I suppose the check
for offset = 0 is there for a reason. Do anybody have an idea for a
proper way to handle this ?

--
Simon L. Nielsen