[Nagiosplug-devel] Perl replacement for check_ping.

Chip Ach chip at chip.net
Sun Jan 5 14:47:02 CET 2003

I wrote a replacement for check_ping in perl this afternoon.  Why?  I'm
hoping that it will get cached by the embedded perl interpreter of Nagios
and not spawn a seperate process each time I ping something.  It is
designed as a drop in replacement to check_ping.

It is located at:
http://chip.net/check_ping.perl
(forgive the odd extention...)

It needs Net::Ping, Time::HiRes and Getopt::Mixed.

It has been tested insomuch as it seems to work initially on my system.
That's about it.  :)  I'll do a full posting with a diff to what is
required, etc. once it is better tested.

Feedback is, of course, welcome.

-Chip