[Nagiosplug-devel] Am I missing it?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at UnderGrid.net
Tue Jan 21 09:39:03 CET 2003

	Maybe I've miss'd it, in which case I just need a point in the
right direction but has someone designed a plugin similar to check_procs
however instead you're giving it the number of processes you expect to
be running?

	For instance I have daemonX that I know when operating properly
will have atleast 3 processes running at any given time... If it drops
below 3 I want it to trigger as a critical error which I can use to then
trigger an event handler to try and remedy the situation (in this case
restarting the process works fine)... Problem is the check_proces
currently only works if the number of processes exceeds the warning or
critical thresholds not goes below...

	I guess a simple reworking to add another option to check_procs
which reverses the behavior could be done simply enough and I may just
do that... However if there is such a beast, why reinvent the wheel...

	Jeremy