[Nagiosplug-devel] check_udp doesn't work on nagios 1.1

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Wed Jul 9 09:17:06 CEST 2003

Paraic,

	If you would take a look at the bug report #731467 (when the
SourceForge site comes back from maintenance) you would find that the
check_udp and check_udp2 are both reported as having problems and appear
to need a possible total re-write to get them functioning properly as
UDP packets and services do not respond in the same manner as TCP
packets due to the nature of UDP packets not using the handshaking to
establish a connection as TCP does...

	Regards,
	Jeremy