[Nagiosplug-devel] Possible forking issue ?

Raymond Page pagerc at ufl.edu
Fri Jul 25 09:46:08 CEST 2003

To whomever might have a clue more than me:

I'm using Cyrus IMAP's imtest to check our mail servers.  From the
command line I'm able to get the program to work.  However, it is not
automated.  I wrote a perl script that uses Perl Expect to
interactively converse with imtest so I don't have to.  Running the
perl script from the command line works as I anticipated.  The
problem is when I have nagios call the perl script.  With Perl
Expect, it forks off a child process, and that child then execs
imtest.  When called from Nagios, for some reason, an "OPEN" call
fails in the Perl Expect module where it forks.

I'm just curious if anyone here might know why this would happen.

Appreciate any thoughts,

Raymond Page