[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-781002 ] Modify check_ping for packet size

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 31 10:53:02 CEST 2003

Feature Requests item #781002, was opened at 2003-07-31 11:51
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=781002&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_ping doesn't currently support the -s
(packetsize) feature of the ping command.

I have an instance where normal ICMP packets sometimes
don't show packet loss across our WAN but larger
packets will show the packet loss.  It would be handy
to be able to specify the packet size on the
commandline of check_ping so I can make a small packet
check and a large packet check for WAN latency in Nagios.