[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-706851 ] check_tcp misses expect string without newline

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 00:53:04 CEST 2003

Bugs item #706851, was opened at 2003-03-20 12:15
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by aderixon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=706851&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
In check_tcp.c 1.13, the following lines were added
(line 261):
if (buffer[i-2] == '\r' && buffer[i-1] == '\n')
                                break;

I have a TCP service that returns a string on
connection without a trailing newline. It used to be
detected by the -e option to check_tcp. The above code
breaks this behaviour and causes check_tcp to wait
until the timeout is reached, whereupon it fails.

Can this either be configurable, or be removed?