[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk error on AIX 5.x with new /proc line in df output

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Jun 6 14:36:08 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 15:55, Birkinbine, Brian wrote:
> I'm having problems with check_disk on AIX 5.1
> I'm using nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta3 on AIX 5.1
>
> Here is the error I'm getting when using check_disk on AIX 5.1
> 	Unable to read output:
> 	/usr/bin/df -Pk
> 	/proc                   -         -         -       -  /proc
>
> Apparently in AIX 5.1 (and AIX 5.2), there is a new line in the df output
> that is not liked by the sscanf at line 99 of check_disk.c
> Here is the new line in AIX 5.1 that shows the proc filesystem
> /proc                   -         -         -       -  /proc

There are similar sort of bugs in check_disk with respect to other OS
implementations.

They will are become moot with the version of check_disk in CVS, which
will be the 1.4.0 release. At this point, the CVS tree seems quite
usable - so you may want to use those plugins. The remaining changes
(and there are still many) have to do with things like documentation,
multilingual patches, etc.

So while you may find the odd day where it won't compile, you may want
to give it a shot.

One caveat -- check_udp presently does not work right.

--
Karl