[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios-plugin Debian packages

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Wed Jun 11 10:24:07 CEST 2003

Hey guys,

	First off let me apologize for my appearance of absence as I've
been busy here at work and not had much time to spend on the project...

	I have previously spoken with Turbo the Debian package
maintainer for the Nagios packages and he has agreed to let me handle
the nagios-plugins packaging... I am currently working to get the 1.3.0
packaging done and uploaded this week (yes I know we're expecting a bug
release but if I do this now it should be easy to get the bug release
version ready in under a couple days)... I am also going to setup a
'-snapshot' version of the packages for Debian and use the CVS snapshot
as it would contain the AF-independant code that 1.3.x doesn't... My
thought was to possibly update the snapshot package once a week...

	What I'm curious to know though is if anyone is runnin Debian
and Nagios and waiting on the nagios-plugins (currently still using the
netsaint-plugin packages or rolling their own builds) that would want to
help me shake out any problems with the packaging and upgrade from
netsaint-plugins to nagios-plugins... I believe Turbo already has the
Nagios install moving the plugins from the netsaint directory to a
nagios directory with a symlink for backwards but I'd like to make sure
when the netsaint-plugins package is replaced with nagios-plugins that
there aren't any unforseen problems as well...

	Regards,
	Jeremy T. Bouse