[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-755456 ] check_oracle fix if Oracle-Error is reported

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 16 10:58:08 CEST 2003

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=755456&group_id=29880

Category: Bugfix
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I frequently stumble into corrupted database, which
typically causes an ORA-12500 to be reported to any
connection request. I found that "check_oracle
--tablespace" (admittedly the only one tested) then
reports no error, but a tablespace size of 0, usage 0.
I'd like a nice error description, so that I can treat
these problem immediately.

Adding the following patch to check_oracle (taken from
Plugins Release 1.3.0)

31a32
> . /etc/profile.d/oracle.sh
254a256,260
>     if [ -n "`echo $result | grep ORA-`" ] ; then
>       echo $result
>       exit $STATE_UNKNOWN
>     fi

will report an UNKNOWN-State an reissue to problem as
status information.

"ERROR: ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a
dedicated server process Invalid option. Usage: CONNECT
 [AS SYSDBA ..."