[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk different thresholds and general specification of crit/warn

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Sat Jun 28 19:38:04 CEST 2003

I've made a commit to check_disk to support multiple thresholds, eg:

check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p / -p /var -w 20% -c 10% -p /tmp -C -w 10000
-c 5000 -p /usr

However, Karl didn't like the -C, but it was the only way I could see
of clearing the default thresholds when mixing percentage with absolute
thresholds.

But I've just seen Feature Request 734919 from Dan Rich, which suggests:

check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -P /usr:5%:2%

I read this as: check all filesystems at 10%, 5% with /usr at 5%, 2%.
This could easily be adapted to:

check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p / -p /var -P /tmp:20%:10% -P /usr:10000:5000

However, it does raise questions about the standards of defining
thresholds, as the -P changes the general conventions. Perhaps this
should be another for defining on a subset of the overall thing being
checked? ie:

thing_to_be_checked_as_exception_to_default:critical:warning

Any comments?