[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-753621 ] check_ldap LDAPv3 support

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 29 12:54:07 CEST 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by undrgrid
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=753621&group_id=29880

Category: Bugfix
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Adds LDAPv3 support while keeping v2.

Added a check in configure.in to make sure it would
compile and run with pre v3 ldap libraries.

I considered it as a 'Bugfix' since latest OpenLDAP server
does not allow version 2 binds by default. This causes
check_ldap script to fail, unless 'allow bind_v2' directive
is explicitly given in OpenLDAP server config file
slapd.conf (which is not default).

I am not aware of other servers but patched check_ldap
should be compiling and working fine since all changes
are ifdef'ed anyway.