[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios plugin options -4 and -6

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Mon Jun 30 05:40:07 CEST 2003

Jeremy,

I get a compilation error on Solaris 2.6 using the latest version of
netutils.c. Reverting back to netutils.c v1.7 works okay.

This is the error:
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.. -I../lib     -g -O2 -c `test -f
'netutils.c' || echo './'`netutils.c
netutils.c: In function `is_addr':
netutils.c:329: `AF_INET6' undeclared (first use in this function)
netutils.c:329: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
netutils.c:329: for each function it appears in.)

Looks like it is trying to use IPv6 when configure couldn't pick it up
(--with-ipv6=no).

I get something similar in check_ping, but I haven't investigated much
further.

Ton

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.
The Egg group of companies includes Egg Banking plc
(registered no. 2999842), Egg Financial Products Ltd (registered
no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd (registered no. 3403963) which
carries out investment business on behalf of Egg and is regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: 1 Waterhouse Square,
138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have
received it in error, please notify the sender by replying with
'received in error' as the subject and then delete it from your
mailbox.