[Nagiosplug-devel] Daily snapshots on sourceforge revisited

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Tue Mar 4 15:49:18 CET 2003

I raised a call with SF support re: daily builds and they say the file
release system is only for official versions. Daily builds should be
placed in the project's web area.

I've written a little script which I've placed under tools called
sfsnapshot. It rips off snapshot, but with little extra bits added for
ssh'ing onto SF's compile farm to create the snapshot and scp'ing the
distribution onto the web area. The script only creates the source code
tgz file.

It has to be run from the compile farm's shell server because this
looks like the only server that has connectivity to the web shell
server and a compile farm server.

There are prereqs which are documented in the script. I've setup a cron
job at 10am and 10pm GMT everyday to create a new snapshot. It will be
available at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/snapshot.

Alternatively, Karl could automate updating his snapshots to go to
shell.sf.net instead of his server. The nice thing about the sfsnapshot
method is that all the processing happens on Sourceforge.

Any thoughts?