[Nagiosplug-devel] Daily snapshots on sourceforge revisited

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Mar 4 20:35:11 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 18:46, Ton Voon wrote:
> I raised a call with SF support re: daily builds and they say the file
> release system is only for official versions. Daily builds should be
> placed in the project's web area.
>
> I've written a little script which I've placed under tools called
> sfsnapshot. It rips off snapshot, but with little extra bits added for
> ssh'ing onto SF's compile farm to create the snapshot and scp'ing the
> distribution onto the web area. The script only creates the source code
> tgz file.
>
> It has to be run from the compile farm's shell server because this
> looks like the only server that has connectivity to the web shell
> server and a compile farm server.
>
> There are prereqs which are documented in the script. I've setup a cron
> job at 10am and 10pm GMT everyday to create a new snapshot. It will be
> available at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/snapshot.
>
> Alternatively, Karl could automate updating his snapshots to go to
> shell.sf.net instead of his server. The nice thing about the sfsnapshot
> method is that all the processing happens on Sourceforge.
>
> Any thoughts?

What you've done is good.

I try to keep any processing on sourceforge if I can. I cannot make the
RPM creation local because I cannot install prereqs on the compile farm.

What I have not been able to figure out is how I can gat the RPMs from
my server to sourceforge without using a passphrase-less ssh key.

I'll revisit that, I may well be ovrlooking something obvious, and I
don't even remeber what my assuptions were when I gave up last time
around.

--
Karl