[Nagiosplug-devel] post-1.3.0 features

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Mar 6 03:46:11 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 03:26, Voon, Ton wrote:
> Couple of things I'd like to work on:
> - move snprintf into lib

Since we have lib now, this clearly makes sense. Should utils and
netutils also move?

> - update autoconf and automake to later versions

I don't want to do this quite yet - I think the penetration of RedHat
7.3 is still too deep. And since right now, newer automake works with
the cost of a few warnings, I think we should wait still.

> - strip'ing of executables at install time

Makes sense, I guess. RPM does it for me, so I havn't thought about
putting it into the Makefile. But I guess not every uses RPM. Good idea.

> - remove have_getopt_long references

Yup. It's dead wood, it should go away.

> And of course all the bug fixing...

we have bugs?  ;-)

> If there's going to be a branch in the code, should the sfsnapshot have
> both?

There already is a branch.

Yes we probably should snapshot both.

--