[Nagiosplug-devel] Adding optional lib routines to lib/ for libnagiosplug.a

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Fri Mar 7 18:34:07 CET 2003

	I just wanted to comment how I am making use of EXTRA_DIST and LIBOBJS
when it comes to the lib/ sub-directory to include optional routines into
libnagiosplug.a...

	If you look at the current CVS repository you'll see I list
getaddrinfo.c and gethostbyname.c in EXTRA_DIST. When the configure script is
ran and it determines that either of these are needed it adds it to LIBOBJS and
thusly gets added into libnagiosplug.a. Adding any header file to noinst_HEADERS
and then adding the source code to EXTRA_DIST make sure it is available in the
distribution release but it is only included into libnagiosplug.a if it is added
to LIBOBJS otherwise it isn't even compiled.

	Jeremy