[Nagiosplug-devel] post-1.3.0 features

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Mar 10 03:33:02 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 03:09, Maljaars, Eelco wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Do you have any format defined for the performance data output?
>
> Currently I working on processing performance data and have modified some of
> the netsaint 1.9.4 plugins to make it work.
>
> We just have it running on our test server with just a couple of monitored
> hosts, but it seems to work wel.
>
> I could send you the patches, but I just edited the format strings, so I'm
> not sure what's faster: Telling you what I did or making the diffs of a old
> plugin tree and have them merged by you.
>
> What I basicly did for the check_swap, check_disk en check_load plugins is
> add an identifier after the | sign, and added some counters after that:

Doesn't he plugin processor get a macro for the name of the plugin
invoked?

Thus far, the plugins that have perf data do not include anything but
the data label and value (see check_http, for instance).

We want short names. There are limits on the length of the message.

We also want names that make comparisons possible. So time should always
be time, and in seconds. That data point should not be called 'seconds'

Patches will be accepted for individual plugins against the cvs HEAD.

--
Karl