[Nagiosplug-devel] AF-Independent status update

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Fri Mar 14 17:53:12 CET 2003

	Okay, just to update everyone I believe I have the AF-indep code working
properly at this time and have committed it to the repository after testing it
on Debian GUN/Linux, SPARC Solaris 7 and SPARC Solaris 9... I did have to move
the getaddrinfo() and gethostbyname() emulation code into plugins/ rather than
lib/ and include it in libnagiosplug.a as it required linking it against
SOCKETLIBS and would require that for all plugins rather than just the ones that
call network sockets... I also moved all functions from utils.c that made
network socket calls to netutils.c... This affect'd anything that called
is_host() mostly but included moving all the others: is_hostname(), is_addr(),
is_inet_addr(), is_inet6_addr(), resolve_host_or_addr()... I also clean'd up the
declarations and prototypes in netutils.? to reduce redundancy... I'll look at
utils.? for the same redundancy reduction this weekend...

	With this done consider any major changes from me finish'd as I know
some people were waiting for me to complete this task... If there are any bug
reports relating to compiling with the backwards compatibility on legacy OSes
please address them to me so I can look into them further...

	During the week (Mon-Fri 8am ~ 4pm) I can be reached on Yahoo IM as
cyis_2002 if you need to get a hold of me... On the weekends I'm not using the
IMs usually but can be reached via email at either
undrgrid at users.sourceforge.net or jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net...

	I do have a dedicate SPARC Solaris 7 machine now for testing...

	Jeremy