[Nagiosplug-devel] check_by_ssh force version 1

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Mar 19 15:51:06 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 18:17, Dave Viner wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Is there a way to force check_by_ssh to use version 1 of the ssh protocol?
> The equivalent command line would be something like:
> 	ssh -o 'Protocol=1,2' foo.bar.com
>
> Otherwise, version 2 of the protocol is preferred, and doesn't always work
> with a large, heterogeneous machine distribution.

Whether version 2 is preferred depends on /etc/ssh/ssh_options on the
nagios server, right?

There was previously no way to change from those local preferences.

The easy way to work around local setting I just committed to CVS HEAD.

use -1 or -2 as options to check_by_ssh

That work well too, because a secure set of servers might allow -2 but
forbid -1 -- you could test that with negate as well.

I have not tested the modifications beyond to see that they compile. I
should be able to test later tonight.

--
Karl