[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugins, autoconf & pre-built binaries

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 13:45:02 CET 2003

Just wanted some opinions on a few things.

1) What's the policy on new plugins? I'm working on check_cpu from the
New Plugins tracker on SF and - if I get it working - should it go into
contrib/ or plugins/? What makes a plugin go from contrib to the main
area?

2) I'm having terrible problems with the poll calls in check_cpu as
Darwin does not include sys/poll.h and I can't seem to get them into
lib/ using autoconf 2.13. Works fine in autoconf 2.5x as I use the
AC_LIBOBJ function, but this kicks up lots of fusses when run in v2.13.
Another reason to update?

3) There's been a thread in nagiosplug-help about pre-built binaries.
How about housing them on SF's web servers with a link to the platform
maintainers? Or a page of links to other people's web sites with a
disclaimer of first contacting the platform maintainers? My crystal
ball on this is a bit fuzzy.