[Nagiosplug-devel] extarneous lines in configure.in

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon Mar 31 19:45:31 CEST 2003

On 31 Mar 2003, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> I find these lines in configure.in:
>
> AC_PATH_PROG(ACLOCAL,aclocal)
> AC_PATH_PROG(AUTOMAKE,automake)
> AC_PATH_PROG(AUTOCONF,autoconf)
> AC_PATH_PROG(AUTOHEADER,autoheader)
>
> I have no recollection when they date from.
>
> Can anyone tell me what their purpose is? Everything seems to work OK
> without them, as far as my limited testing can tell. But I don't want to
> remove them if they do serve a purpose.

Those have been there for a while - added when automake support was added
- netsaint-plugins v1.47 Aug 8 2000  ;)

removing them should be fine as the configure process itself shouldn't be
using them.

BTW - about the docs - there is a doc dir currently with the
devel-guidelines, it just doesn't get installed anywhere. - should we
patch side.html to have a pointer to a developer dir under the nagios/html
install dir?

--
-sg