[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-New Plugins-738239 ] check_email_loop.pl v.1.1

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 15 07:00:18 CEST 2003

New Plugins item #738239, was opened at 2003-05-15 15:59
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=541465&aid=738239&group_id=29880

Category: Perl plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Updated check_email_loop.pl from contrib-directory,
originally 10/19/2000 by Benjamin Schmid
blueshift at gmx.net

- fixed some unquoted strings
- fixed/added pendwarn/lostwarn parameters
- added deleting of orphaned check-emails on POP3-box
- changed to use "top" in POP3 instead of get (RETR) to
minimize traffic
- added parameter maxmsg which causes a WARNING
state when more msg than maxmsg are on the POP3-
box

I do these checks over WAN-links and had problems
with high traffic when there were many mails in the
POP3-mailbox. As there're always some orphaned
Email-pings, I delete these now from within
check_email_loop.pl, also it now uses TOP instead of
downloading the whole email with RETR to save
bandwidth